Here you can find and download PSP firmware. Links are provided to the official Sony download of the desired version.
Firmware downloads now route through our server. If you wish to download straight from Sony, the links are provided for your convinience. Sony do not use HTTPS for their PSP firmware server, so you will need to right click and “save link” the URL to download successfully.
To install the update you need to do the following:
- Download the version you desire (if from here, extract the zip directory).
- Connect your PSP to your computer with the USB cable, and go to Settings > USB Connection.
- The PSP will now connect as a memory stick to your computer. Make sure you have the following folder structure: PSP > GAME > UPDATE.
- Put the EBOOT.PBP in said UPDATE folder.
- Disconnect your PSP from the computer, and go to Game >Memory Stick.
- At the top should be the PSP update. Press X and follow the installation instructions.
PSP 1000 / 2000 / 3000
If in doubt, go for 6.60. If you’re on 6.61, you can stay here and still enjoy custom firmware.
PSP Go (N1000)
If you have any firmware versions not listed above, please send a zipped copy of the EBOOT to us.